Science, Coffee, and Chocolate

Science, Coffee, and Chocolate

Monday, July 20, 2015

Get Pumped!

Good Morning Everyone,

It's a beautiful sunny day and after a nice vacation with family and friends I am back to the grindstone. I only have 2 days of summer vacation left, and though I didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted to this summer, I am glad to say that I am excited for the new school year and the opportunities to try out my new ISN methods.

I am partnering with my cousin, Adam Suscheck, who is a graphic designer for the worksheets that I will be posting on my Teacher's Pay Teacher's store. Everything that I discuss in the blog will be available to you and will be made beautiful by my favorite cousin. I hope you enjoy.

Today's post is simple, I want to share two articles with you that I read this summer, and that I believe sums up my teaching philosophy. The first is an article called, "Great Teachers Don't Teach." It can be found here: http://www.edutopia.org/blog/great-teachers-do-not-teach-ben-johnson

The article is about putting our students in the drivers seat of their learning and teacher's being, more or less, the backseat drivers. It's a great read and one that I strongly encourage you to check out.

The second article is about inspiring teachers to think outside the box on the first day of school. The article encourages teachers to stop the mundane talking at the students about rules, and instead starting the first day off with a bang. Why not make the first day memorable? Why not want the students to remember your class more than the others and have them excited to come see what you have in store for them for day 2. Learning can be fun. Let's start making it that way! The article can be found here: http://inservice.ascd.org/how-do-you-motivate-middle-school-students-by-inspiring-teachers-to-think-outside-the-box-on-the-first-day-of-school/?crlt_pid=camp.onBhIriAFhHN

Enjoy the rest of your summer vacation, soak up some sun, and eat some chocolate!


No comments:

Post a Comment